Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 4: Famous Last Words

This weekend was a lot of fun.  I got to spend time with my friends on campus, as well as go with a group of friends to the state fair in Oklahoma City.  While there were some difficulties, particularly regarding the fact that the ATMs all seemed to be broken, it ended up being a lot of fun.  The roller coasters in particular were amazing.  The only real downside was probably the fact that there were long lines for everything.  After going to the fair, my friends and I decided to go to the movie theater.  We saw the new film "As Above, So Below."  While the previews for the movie looked really good, the film itself wasn't impressive.  I would not recommend spending the money on it.  It was kind of disappointing that it turned out like that, as the plot had so many opportunities to take advantage of and failed to.  Overall, however, the weekend turned out well.
Outside of class, I am trying to apply for grad school.  It is difficult to do right now, as all of the deadlines show up at one time.  Getting recommendation letters is also hard, particularly because the grad school wants three of them.  I am both looking forward to, and scared of, applying to grad school and getting accepted.  I am looking forward to the possibility of staying in school and being able to see friends for a bit longer.  At the same time, I am not sure if everything will turn out well, or if I will be able to stay without scholarships.  Other than that, I am in a reading group for "The Lies of Locke Lamora."  I haven't been able to make it to all of the meetings for the group, but the book is amazing so far.  I would definitely recommend it. 
(State fair; image source Wikipedia)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to go to the state fair! I'm planning on going this weekend. I'm not looking forward to the lines (and hopefully the ATMs are fixed), but I can tell you that I'm really looking forward to one of my favorite foods of all time: funnel cakes. Though they might be the most unhealthy item on the menu, I just can't seem to stay away. I like the Oklahoma State Fair, but honestly I prefer the Texas State Fair solely because I associate it with the weekend of OU-Texas.

    ReplyDelete