Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1: Favorite Places - Barcelona

I had trouble deciding where my favorite places were, but I ended up choosing Barcelona.

I managed to travel to Barcelona after finishing my study abroad for the spring.  It was gorgeous! The weather was pretty good for the majority of the trip, although it would have been nice if it was warmer.  The people there were also generally very friendly.  I also loved it because the food was amazing!  There were so many things to do that there just wasn't enough time to do it all.  I hope to go back there some time in the future.

(Barcelona Panorama from Park Guell: Wikipedia)

After a long day, it was nice to relax on the beach.
(Barcelona Beach; My photo)

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about Barcelona, Elizabeth - and that panorama picture is fantastic! Sadly, I have never been to Spain... I sure would like to go! I am DEFINITELY a fan of Spanish food; I can believe you got to try some amazing dishes in Barcelona! There is a Spanish tapas place not too far from where I live, and it is one of my favorite places to eat. Yummmm!!! And Spanish wine... yep, I think I would be able to wine and dine very happily in Spain if I ever got a chance to go there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I hear about Barcelona in my head I picture a traditional city with stone roads and little shops on every corner, but from the picture you have it does seem to be that way at all. Barcelona is just a place that in my mind is frozen in time, and I appreciate this picture to help me to realize that it is still a city. This beach you have shown here is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! The sand is a darker color and the water a dark blue-green, which contrasts with the baby blue of the sky. Again SO BEAUTIFUL!! I can see why you would choose this as your favorite place.

    ReplyDelete