Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 14: Famous Last Words

Hi everyone! So, this week has been pretty crazy.  I am preparing to graduate on the 13th of December, which is coming up far to quickly for my liking.  I will, thankfully, not have to enter the real world too soon, as I was accepted into the University of Oklahoma's Human Relations program.  I am looking forward to coming back to OU, especially as I will finally be getting an apartment, rather than staying in the dorms again.  This week was difficult because I have a lot of papers due either this week or the day after Thanksgiving break.  One of the papers is due Wednesday by midnight.  Thankfully, I am almost done with this paper and just have to write about 2 more pages and add citations to it.  One of my other classes has a 20 page paper that I am only 5 pages into.  Unfortunately, this means that I will be spending Thanksgiving break working on final papers.  I am, however, scheduling time to go enjoy Black Friday with my brother.  It is crazy that right after Thanksgiving break is Dead Week, followed by finals.  I hope that my professors actually believe in Dead Week and will help review this year.  Many of my professors are of the mindset that they should teach right up until the exam, which is generally cumulative, and that it is our job to review on our own.  I don't mind studying on my own time, but it is definitely nice to have a guideline so I know what to follow.  This will be my last Famous Words post, as I am almost to the grade that I want.  I just have to do a Reading Diary or some other assignment and I will be done for the semester.  This is both a good thing and a bad thing, as I will be glad to have the time I would have worked on this free, yet this was my favorite class for the semester.  I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

(Best way to study; Photo source Wikimedia)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! Congratulations on graduating in December! I am really jealous of you right now because I am so done with college at this point and just want to get out. I wish you luck with your Human Relations program at the University of Oklahoma. And good luck with all those papers, I hate writing papers so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete